Author Topic: another dragonfly kickstart thread!  (Read 3230 times)

Offline squirrel

another dragonfly kickstart thread!
« on: 11 Jul 2012 at 19:34 »
Hi everyone, new member here!

I am here on behalf of my father who has just become a dragonfly owner again after years of looking. He had one when he was 18.

Its a tidy one, it has obviously been restored quite recently, just needs a few bits and pieces to finish her off.

I am in the process of getting the manual and parts catalogue from the owners club but wondered if anybody on here has come across this problem.

The kickstart slipped sometimes but now it has stuck down and wont return. We were in the middle of trying to sort a fuel starvation problem so this has jumped to the top of the list to become the number 1 priority!

I was a 2 stroke motocross kid back in the day but i know my way around an engine/gearbox so should be able to do most things myself. I hope!

I will get some pics up in a bit, but any help you can give me would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

Offline squirrel

Re: another dragonfly kickstart thread!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2012 at 19:19 »
Hi again!

Right, bit nasty this one, ive got the box apart and its done the casing unfortunatly  :(

The quadrant shaft has bust out of the side of its seat, just my luck!

if it cant be welded (which i dont think it can) im going to have to look around for another box or casing.

The joys of classic bike ownership eh!

« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2012 at 17:42 by Dave »