Author Topic: Graeme's Fairy on cover of "The Historic Motorcycle" magazine  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Alan sent in this scan of "The Historic Motorcycle" magazine featuring a photo of Graeme's 1905 Fairy taken by Paul Reed at the Australian Douglas Centenary Rally.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Hello All,   Yes I assumed Paul took the pic of  Graemes Fairy. Sure does look great heh. Paul has a page within I will scan and include, unfortunately a wrong caption on Ians pic, by the editor I presume. regards Al

« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2007 at 23:26 by Dave »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
I should point out a couple of other corrections.
Firstly, it should read that the Fairy was recently restored, rather than acquired. We acquired the basis of the Fairy (frame, engine,clutch and carb) from Malcolm Bailey in 1996.
Also, Paul mustn't have seen Hugh Whitmore's Endeavour - it was certainly at the event, though not ridden unfortunately.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Yes Graeme, The wonders of our forum when you make a boo boo you can come back and modify.  Thanks Dave for making the page readable. I have a Lexmark 3330 and the difficulty arises when i scan from a shining page. The only way I seem to be able to make it work is to print onto plain paper and then scan the plain paper copy onto the computer. regards Al