Author Topic: Manual Oil Pump  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Rob

Manual Oil Pump
« on: 04 Jan 2006 at 11:49 »
Wanted:-

a manual oil pump for a TS 1925 including the base fitting. The tank I have is bare of all oil pump fittings except for the sight gauge.

Alternatively I would be appreciative of a detailed drawing to get one remanufactured.

Regards

Rob

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: Manual Oil Pump
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2006 at 13:11 »
Rob
I have prepared a dimensioned sketch of the plunger and base assemblies of the manual pump to suit your machine. It does not contain 100% of the dimensions but I believe there is sufficient information to enable a working pump to be manufactured. The most difficult part to envisage is the "insert". This needs to be a slide in fit into the recess of the base. The 3/16" bore is a continuation of the bore of the base. This enlarges by means of a counter-bore to a clearance diameter of the non-return spring. The disk sits above the spring in the upper recess and seals against the "Lid" preventing air being pulled up into the pump when the plunger is raised. When the pump is full and under pressure from the spring the disc is depressed against the spring  and the oil then passes through the cut-outs, past the spring, into the bore and thence to the drip feed indicator before entering the engine. The non return disks and springs and the leather washers are available from the London Douglas Motorcycle Club to members of that club only. The dimension of the plunger missing from the top of the sketch is 5.1/2".

Larger view for screen display

Original drawing for printing - 200dpi, approx 25cm x 19cm (will fit on A4), 317kb
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2008 at 03:00 by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jan 2006 at 05:11 »
Chris, thanks very much for posting this drawing. It looks like a valuable resource and we probably should place a copy of your post in the Douglas Motorcycle Technical Articles section for future reference. Eventually it will get buried under later "Wanted" posts here and people may not find it. If you could open your post using "Modify", copy all the text including the links at the bottom, and then paste it into a new message in Articles, then the photos and links to larger copies will be preserved.

Also, I notice the dimension of the plunger at the top of the page, just missed out on being scanned. Perhaps you could add a note with that dimension and people can write it on themselves.

Dave

Edit: Missing dimension since added to text in original post by Chris. A.
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2006 at 09:50 by alwyn »

Offline Rob

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2006 at 09:37 »
Hi Chris,
Much appreciated. Will advise how it goes and consult with you to get the drawing spot on if anything needs modification.

Rob
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2006 at 10:14 by alwyn »