Author Topic: 1937 aero 600 engine  (Read 422 times)

Offline Tazmantic

1937 aero 600 engine
« on: 04 Apr 2023 at 20:51 »
There are 2 holes in my engine one in the tapper case which I believe is for mist oiling of the primary chain though the pipe needs sorting but there is also one in the crank case what is this for?

Thanks Neil

Offline Red

Re: 1937 aero 600 engine
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2023 at 13:32 »
Hi Neil

Sorry you are having problems with the Aero. The union with the pipe is to feed oil mist from the front valve chest on to the primary chain. No idea about the other hole. As far as I am concerned that is not original so I have no idea what it is meant to be for. Sorry!

Roy

Offline Tazmantic

« Reply #2 on: 05 Apr 2023 at 18:07 »
Hi Roy,

Thanks for the reply, it’s just so annoying when you do a 600 mile round trip to pick up what is meant to be a good bike and it does look good but needed a bit of fettling only to find the so say rebuilt gearbox (and engine so god knows what I’ll find there) is missing bearings etc I do believe the guy I bought it off believed it had been as he just assembled the bike and had been told it was all done  :cry: anyway too late now gotta put on my big boy pants and suck it up and sort it properly.

Yes extra hole does seem odd I’ll just have to blank it off I suppose as quite a lot of puff comes out of it.

Cheers Neil

Offline Dads bike

« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2023 at 18:13 »
Evening Neil

Yes you are right the tapped hole in the chest should not be there and the one with the union is for for the oil vapour feed to the primary chain guard.

Steve