Author Topic: 1930's Douglas T/6  (Read 661 times)

Offline cbranni

1930's Douglas T/6
« on: 22 Dec 2022 at 18:44 »
Hello,
My name in Colin, I'm from Swansea and I recently bought another Douglas to go with my much loved Dragonfly, this new Douglas is a collection of parts which when assembled should make a very nice 1930's T/6, please see photo below, all these item were bought from a very nice and helpful club member.

Before I start to rebuild this machine I am putting it together loosely to see what fits and what doesn't, which parts are correct or not and it's proving very useful in identifying problems, my first problem is there is no final drive output sprocket from the gearbox, the part number I believe is 9353-1 this is from my 1930 spares book but I have been told it is a later gearbox. I have bought a 19t sprocket with boss to make one but I would like some dimensions before I start, below is a photo of the input/output side of the gearbox

The sprocket has two keyways so if anyone has a sprocket to hand and could take some dimensions or even a few photos I would be very grateful, it's the overall width I require and where the teeth are in relation to this width, I have the shock absorber complete so that's not a problem but I will have to make nuts and locking tabs for both so if anyone has a photo of those again I will be most grateful.

Many thanks for you time, Colin

Images added to forum server - Dave, 23Dec2022
« Last Edit: 23 Dec 2022 at 06:23 by Dave »

Offline cbranni

Re: 1930's Douglas T/6
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2023 at 09:49 »
Please excuse this post, I wanted to post an update on my progress but have made an error on uploading photos I shall try again later

Colin

Let's try again..............okay I been able to add photos and I can say it runs but needs some tuning, oil is pumping and generator is putting out a charge, it is not one for the purists but it has been very enjoyable few months plus I must thank everyone for answering my questions.

Kind regards to all

Colin

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2023 at 11:39 by cbranni »