Author Topic: Hello from Dublin  (Read 1872 times)

Offline DUBLINCHRIS

Hello from Dublin
« on: 10 Aug 2014 at 10:58 »
I am totally new to the early Douglas make. I am in a Vintage Club here in Dublin and have some friends who  own Douglas machines.
I always knew that in family history that my Grandfather rode a "BELT DRIVE" Douglas from stories he told me - that would have been back in the early 70's when I was just starting out on two wheels myself. I never knew exactly what type of Douglas he owned, however just recently a super photo of him on his Douglas turned up. It is a front only view but I have been unable to identify the machine here locally. I was wondering if from the amount of detail would any member here be able to cast some light on the bike. Picture was taken in the early 1920's in Northern Ireland - we think in Bangor area, my Grandfather would have been 23 - 26 years of age. Also trying to establish what the bike would have cost as he obviously went for the extras like leg shields which I understand are leather. He seems well attired with gloves/goggles/hat & coat and impressive with shirt and tie and shoes.

Any bits of information to help us but together a more detailed picture would be great

DublinChris :)