Author Topic: Bikemike's 1926 Douglas EW 350  (Read 7200 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Bikemike's 1926 Douglas EW 350
« on: 14 Dec 2008 at 05:53 »
Mike Barber (Bikemike) sent in this message and photo of his 1926 Douglas EW 350.

Gentlemen,

A photo of my 1926 Douglas EW 350.  I am almost finished with the rehab/restoration.  Need to get it running with a delortto carb until I can find time to rehab the Brown and Barlow I have. 

Also, the spark is weak to nonexistent so I may have to send the mag off for some intensive care to include a rewind of the coil. 

Still some question in my mind about the clutch....is there some kind of bearing between the actuation ramp and the clutch body??? 

There doesn't seem to be any room for one.

I have enjoyed the project and have greatly benefited from the web site and the exchange of information and David Barkshire's collection of Douglas photos.  Keep up the good work. 

Cheers,

Mike Barber in Sunny Shell Beach, Ca 

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Re: Bikemike's 1926 Douglas EW 350
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2008 at 05:56 »
Mike,

Thanks for sending in the photo. The bike is looking good. I added a couple of close-ups but couldn't read the fine inscription on the award. Where is it from?

Dave

Offline davebarkshire

• Vintage Motor Cycle Website (and some music)
Re: Bikemike's 1926 Douglas EW 350
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2008 at 11:30 »
Mike

Your EW is looking very nice. I hope that it goes as well as I think it will.

There have been a few posts about the makeup of these clutches and some images too. If you can't find any information that tells you what you need then you can post some images on this site and the experts will tell you if you're missing anything.

Dave
PS You may need to get a Douglas T-shirt for Xmas!