Author Topic: Toolbox & footboard rubbers  (Read 5342 times)

Offline moondog

Toolbox & footboard rubbers
« on: 14 Jul 2008 at 09:36 »
  Hi Guys,
                Can any one suggest suppliers of tooloxes and footboard rubbers for a E28.

Ta.

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: Toolbox & footboard rubbers
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:26 »
Hi Moondog
    Empty metal toolboxes with roll wired edges and lock seamed ends ready for lining with millboard and fitting of leather fronts are normally available from the Pre 1945 Spares Section of the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club. They are currently on order to replenish stock. Advice can be given on a supplier of the finishing process.
    Footboard rubber pads for this model are also normally stocked in limited quantities and if they cannot be supplied from stock can be supplied within four weeks. These items are only available to members of the LDMCC.    Chris.

Online Daren W Australia

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2008 at 11:16 »
Hi try Barry in Wangaratta 0357221457 for the tool boxes complete and ready to fit Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline trakadaka

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2008 at 08:59 »
Hi Moondog,

I've recently brought some tool boxes from the London Douglas Club. They cost about 6 pounds each and are of excellent quality. I've painted them black and found a bloke to make the leather inserts.

I believe the old man that made them for the Wangarratta Swap Shop is unwell and no longer able to make them. If you're struggling to find someone in your area to make some for you, I'm sure my bloke will be happy to help. I pick them up next week. Let me know if you'd like to see them and his details.

Trace