Author Topic: Eureka gauge  (Read 11552 times)

Offline Henrik

• Blue Chief
Eureka gauge
« on: 13 Jun 2008 at 19:16 »
Hi, hope somebody can help with some good close up photos of an Eureka 0-15 lb pressure gauge.
Stopped searching for the real stuff now and want to build a replica gauge and make my own dial.
Please let me know if anybody sell new dials for Eureka instruments if not, I will have figure out how I can paint a dial  :?

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: Eureka gauge
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2008 at 05:53 »
Henrick,

This is the gage on my '34. I can probably wipe the dust off and get a better picture (this pic is from several years ago.) Also I could send a larger file than what I can post on the forum, if you like, using the email address in your user profile.

-Doug

Offline Henrik

• Blue Chief
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2008 at 06:54 »
Thanks a lot, just what I were looking for.

Offline bear640

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2008 at 08:27 »
Have you tried Draganfly in UK? I bought  2 x 25psi guages  there a few months ago & with the exchange rate at the moment with the $AU , it is alot cheaper  than when i priced them a while ago.

They dont have quite the same markings as Doug,s  but are very close.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2008 at 06:48 by bear640 »

Offline tzrewinds

Re: Eureka gauge - Hi res pdf attached
« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2008 at 11:24 »
I attach a hi-res pdf of a gauge a I had screen printed for a 1931 BSA Sloper, replacing the original face which had gone too far to fit in to a restored bike. The image is a close match to my original with me using the closest font I could find for Eureka. I modified the text at the bottom from "Guaranteed to withstand an overpressure of 120 lbs" to "Guaranteed to withstand 120 lbs" to ensure there was no blurring of the small text. Aside from that it is a pretty faithful copy from my 1931 gauge where the further back in time, the gauges seem to have been printed with more straightforward fonts, no line for the overpressure limit and no customisation for the manufacturers logo (Triumph/BSA/Singer etc).

Hi, hope somebody can help with some good close up photos of an Eureka 0-15 lb pressure gauge.
Stopped searching for the real stuff now and want to build a replica gauge and make my own dial.
Please let me know if anybody sell new dials for Eureka instruments if not, I will have figure out how I can paint a dial  :?

« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2008 at 18:49 by Dave »