Author Topic: 8th National Veteran Rally - Kingaroy  (Read 9320 times)

Offline Ian

• Master Member
8th National Veteran Rally - Kingaroy
« on: 09 Aug 2011 at 01:17 »
Only a couple of weeks to go till the next national Veteran rally in Kingaroy - 21-26 August. The latest newsletter said they already have 130 paid up entries which I think makes it the biggest so far !!

Unfortunately my veterans are not Douglas but I will still have fun !! Who else is going ? Would be good to catch up during the rally.

For those interested the schedule is :

• Sunday 21st from 10:00am, booking in and receiving your rally pack. There will be a short (20km) shake
    down ride for those interested on Sunday afternoon.
  • Monday 22nd morning tea at rally headquarters, depart at 9:30 in a southwest direction towards Kumbia
    Kindergarten for lunch. Distance approx. 100km.
  • Tuesday 23rd morning tea at rally headquarters, depart at 9:30 heading north towards Tingoora State School
    for lunch. Distance approx. 100km.
  • Wednesday 24th morning tea at rally headquarters, at 9:00 short ride down town Kingaroy for a static display
    at the senior citizens followed by lunch and meeting to discuss the next rally location at the town common
    building Kingaroy. Afternoon free time to spend how you choose.
  • Thursday 25th Morning tea at rally headquarters, depart at 9:30 in a southerly direction for lunch at
    Tanduringie State School. Distance approx. 100km.
  • Friday 26th Morning tea at rally headquarters, depart 9:30 in a southeast direction for lunch at Ringfield
    House Nanango. Distance approx. 80km.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: 8th National Veteran Rally - Kingaroy
« Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2011 at 09:12 »
Hello Ian,

At the moment none of my Veterans are registered so I was not prepared but hope to pay a visit probably on the Wed when the bikes are to be lined up in the street. My location is about one and half hours north of Kingaroy and anyone having the time and inclination to pay me a visit before or after the rally are most welcome.

Alan

Offline graeme

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2011 at 12:05 »
I'll be there as you know Ian - and will be taking the 1914 3 1/2hp solo. Can't fit all of the family into the sidecar of the 3 1/2 outfit now!
Cheers, Graeme

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2011 at 09:10 »
Went to Kingaroy today 24 Aug to see the lineup of pre 1918 machines with approx 130 machines within the car park. Also had the opportunity to talk to participating Doug owners and spectators. Dougs were light on the ground being only 2 on the day. A very lovely example of a Ladies Model from Tas and a 2 3/4 from NSW. I took 3 pics and will forward for posting.

regards Alan

« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2011 at 09:49 by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2011 at 09:49 »
Photos added.

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2011 at 03:19 »
Of course there was one other bike at the rally but absent on the day. I was fortunate to have Graeme visit on the following Sat and will post pics of his 3 1/2 Doug as well as a new purchase of a TT.

regards Alan

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2011 at 09:09 by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2011 at 09:09 »
Photos added.

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2011 at 06:31 »
Was good to meet you Alan - pity I was not on a Douglas !! Must try and fix that next time - need a veteran one !!

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2011 at 08:55 »
Well the Dougs were certainly a bit quieter than some of the singles. The sound of all the vets leaving the civic centre was really something.

It was great to see Graeme again after all these years and the Qld T Model Ford Club visited at the same time with 15 cars. I have selected a pic with some cars and Graeme's Bikes and will get Dave to post.

The second T behind Graeme's trailer is owned by a Bundaberg friend of mine and was originally owned by the famous sheep shearer Jackie Howe.

And yes Ian you and all the other participants did Kingaroy proud regardless of what you rode.

regards Alan

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2011 at 09:42 by Alan Cun »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2011 at 09:19 »
Photo added.