Author Topic: Control Levers  (Read 4168 times)

Offline A31ndrew

Control Levers
« on: 12 Aug 2015 at 12:53 »
I'm looking for a 'through-the-bar' or stud-mounted control lever for the advance/retard on my Model A31. I imagine that this design of control was fitted to most models of the 20s/30s period. I have the correct right-hand control for the air slide - picture attached - but I would like to fit the corresponding control to the left-hand side of the bars. All replies appreciated.
Andrew

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
Re: Control Levers
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2015 at 23:02 »

Andrew are you looking for a lever the same as the one in the photo, or its mirror image?

Leon

Offline A31ndrew

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2015 at 23:51 »
Hi Leon - that lever came off the right hand bar, ie: it was next to the throttle. Looking at it again, though, the cable exit would have been at the back rather than the front, so perhaps it was on the wrong side to begin with? Alternatively, perhaps these controls were not handed? What I think I need is the mirror image of the lever shown. One of each type would enable me to arrange the cable exits and lever movements correctly.
Andrew

Offline cardan

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2015 at 01:01 »

Brilliant! I'd even say "lol" if I was young enough, because I did (laugh out loud). I'll have a look - I know I have one side or the other for which I have no use.

Cheers

Leon

Offline cardan

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2015 at 01:03 »

That was easy - 1 minute search. Yes I can do the mirror image. Drop me an email (envelope at left) and we'll work out details.

Leon