Author Topic: Stolen TS 1924 Roma Qld  (Read 8439 times)

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Stolen TS 1924 Roma Qld
« on: 30 Jun 2016 at 09:52 »
Hello All,

A good friend of mine Garry Dann from Roma Qld has had his Doug stolen from his home in Roma Qld

Pics of the bike can be seen on http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/theives-take-antique-motorbike-darling-downs-home/3053495/

hope I have that website right.

Any help in recovering this outstanding resto for Garry would be appreciated.
regards Alan
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2016 at 18:48 by Dave »

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: Stolen TS 1924 Roma Qld
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2016 at 10:32 »
Ah Daren good one your website works. Havent had a good look yet but pretty sure I have the oil pump you need for your 600 and a better worm for the cover.

regards Alan

Offline RockDr.

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2016 at 17:41 »
Do you have the frame and engine numbers as then we can all keep an eye out especially if the thieving B*#ds try to part it out at any swap meets or via internet.

I just recently had my dirt bike stolen from my factory but fortunately none of my Dougies were taken. I know what i'll do if I ever catch the buggers.......

Offline hoarder1

« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2016 at 12:37 »
Hi, Just wondering if there is any news (hopefully good) to report on the recovery of this bike?

Offline george

« Reply #5 on: 07 Jul 2016 at 03:30 »
HI  Thank You to all who for posting my bike as stolen .  The  vin no--69165   eng no-- 72917
there has been no reports as yet on finding it .  Its  most likely  in parts by now  and heading to
 swap meets .  THIS bike was a resto that started  off 35 years ago with a bare and bent frame
with no forks  The  parts about 50 percent of them were made by me including castings the rest
were found at swaps and other people.  I took 23 years to find it all and to restore it and 23 seconds to steal it .
So all that's left to do now is to advertise for a bike to fit the tank the crooks left behind . The tank was taken off
to be repainted.  I have been working on a 1925 ts and all i need to complete this bike is a set of throtle and mag
levers and carb to complete it.  So now i would like to find one of my dream bikes a cw and side car to buy .
 Its great to know people care .
regards to all   garry

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jul 2016 at 09:20 »
Hello Garry,

Several people emailed me about the loss of your bike and I put it on the forum. Not sure what I promised you years ago for your CW restoration but am still holding some parts for you.

If you have no luck in recovering your bike I have a surplus TS mostly complete but needing restoration. You are welcome to it as my bike shed is overflowing and too many other projects to complete.

regards Alan

Offline RockDr.

« Reply #7 on: 07 Jul 2016 at 15:35 »
Hi Garry,

Ditto to Alans comments, I can give you a hand with a few other TS parts if you eventually tackle another resto, in particular all new nuts and bolts, new footboards, new toolboxes and other bits and pieces. All the new items I mentioned you are welcome to them as well.
Cheers
Chris

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2024 at 11:18 »
at the moment I have been suffering from some form of dementia and slow forwarding my treasure onto nephews when they get off their arse and pay me a visit regards Alan

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2024 at 20:23 »
Hi Alan

Great to hear from you. I was just reading this topic yesterday and wondering how Garry got on after his TS was stolen. Did anything ever turn up or did he build another bike? Spending 23 years rebuilding it and then having it taken away... awful thing to happen.
The newspaper article is still active - a photo from it below.

All the best, Dave