Author Topic: Dragonfly Miller Rear Light  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Red

Dragonfly Miller Rear Light
« on: 19 Jan 2016 at 13:40 »
Anyone know what the Miller part number was for the Dragonfly rear light. Thanks

Roy

Offline charlie weeks

Re: Dragonfly Miller Rear Light
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2016 at 16:50 »
38 ET if it was a combined stop/brake light or 37 ET if it was a brake light only.

Charlie

Offline Red

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2016 at 14:47 »
Hi Charlie - thanks for that. To my shame my Dragonfly has a Lucas rear lamp, but I did see on ebay a number of adverts for replica Miller 38ET lamps, but wasn't to sure if that was the right one. Will now get one ordered. Thanks.

Roy

Offline arturro

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2016 at 13:53 »
Hi Roy
I'm not sure bu maby you need Lucas model 480 taillamp. Ypu have to confirm it.
Best regards Artur

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2016 at 17:19 »
Roy,
       I have never seen the 38ET light listed for the Dragonfly. The 37ET was the original fitment as stoplights were not mandatory when the Dragonfly was produced. I have fitted a twin filament bulb into my 37ET light by using the contact assembly from a scrap Lucas light, and then just filing off the staggered pin from the side of the bulb to make it fit the original bulbholder.
      I believe the 38ET only became available at a later date - to meet the demand for stoplights to be fitted.

Regards,
               Eddie.

Offline Red

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:19 »
Hi Eddie

Thanks for that. As I said in an earlier post at the moment my Dragonfly has a Lucas rear light fitted as that was all I had when I restored the bike - 45 years ago!!! The plastic lens has got a crack in it so I need to replace the light and all I can find on-line is a replica Miller 38ET. Someone on eBay was advertising a so called "genuine" second hand Dragonfly rear light, but at £80 plus postage was far too expensive as far as I am concerned. In fact the only bit that looked genuine was the plastic lens - I think the rest of the light was a modern replica bit. I do have a stop light fitted currently so if the 38ET looks about right I will be more than happy. Sadly I am not a perfectionist.

Regards, Roy