Author Topic: MK1V frame  (Read 800 times)

Offline Polaris

MK1V frame
« on: 28 Aug 2022 at 08:32 »
Could anyone please tell me if there is a frame drawing available for a MK IV.

My frame has damaged and poorly repaired centre stand lugs, so bad that I have had to cut out the cross tube with the lugs on and made a complete new tube and lugs.

The question is where do the lugs fit across the frame. Are the lugs central to the torsion bar tubes or are they off set?  That is, equidistant from the outside of the bottom tubes to the outside of the lugs. I can set the height of the lugs by making sure the stand retaining bolt goes in and clears the bottom of the frame tube.

As there is a lot of work involved in welding this assembly back in I would rather not guess the location of the lugs.

TIA Doug

Offline LENBOY

Re: MK1V frame
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2022 at 10:20 »
Hi Doug
If you are going to Conrod night on Wednesday I will put a frame in the car for you to take the measurements you require. Just let me know before hand so I can dig one out.
Best Wishes
Len L.D.M.C.C Machine Registrar..

Offline Polaris

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2022 at 10:29 »
Hi Len, that's very kind of you. Yes I will be attending the meeting. I will bring my frame and all the parts I have made. Many thanks.
Doug.

Offline giz.neal

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2022 at 21:21 »
Polaris,
I have a similar job to do on a MkIV frame, any drawings particularly of the brackets would be helpful?

Steve

Offline LENBOY

« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2022 at 19:32 »
Hi Steve
I have only just seen your reply,  I have no drawings but can take some decent photo's if that will be of any help as the frame is still in the car from last nights Conrod session. Contact me Via the club web site if that will help.
Best wishes
Len.

Offline giz.neal

« Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2022 at 15:59 »
Thanks!