Author Topic: Looking for a Douglas fanatic near Northampton  (Read 1759 times)

Offline EnglishAndy

Looking for a Douglas fanatic near Northampton
« on: 02 Oct 2017 at 18:56 »
My father has a beautiful Douglas Dragonfly in his garage and it's upsetting him.

He owned the bike back in the late 50's and then sold it in 1962. I bought the same bike for him in 2014. Long story short, I bought the bike to help him recover from a debilitating illness that followed a botched surgery. He was down and a once active guy was now confined to a wheelchair. The bike helped him get his focus back. He has fixed, fettled & polished that bike to almost a like-new condition. It sits in his garage and he's out there almost daily doing something to it. What's upsetting him is that it is seldom started or ridden. I live in the USA and ride it whenever I visit my parents, but realistically can only visit once, or sometimes twice a year. Otherwise the bike sits in the garage.

We are looking for a like-minded person that can visit my father, fire up the bike and maybe even ride it to a local show or event. If you feel you might be interested in this, please let me know, either by responding here, or emailing me directly at puckslapper@msn.com.

Thank you,

EnglishAndy

Offline EnglishAndy

Re: Looking for a Douglas fanatic near Northampton
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2017 at 13:42 »
Thanks for your reply, Tim. Thankfully, I found it in my email's spam folder before it was lost forever. I sent you a reply.

Andy