Author Topic: New member with a request  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Sam Hall

New member with a request
« on: 22 Jan 2015 at 23:08 »
Hi all , My name is sam and my late father passed away last april and amongst his bike paraphanalia ( check spelling )  is a a 1952 plus 80 and a few spares . As far as I am aware he was a member of the London Douglas MCC .. I understand that I am only passing by but would it be possible to sell his stuff via the forum .  I am not a dealer , just a poor soul charged with cleaning up his mess , I mean hobby ( tongue in cheek ) .

Kind regards     Sam Hall

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: New member with a request
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2015 at 15:38 »
Sam,

Certainly you can advertise the bike here. I am sure there are a number of Douglas enthusiasts that would love an 80Plus model. There is a board specifically for listing Douglases and Douglas parts for sale here:

https://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/index.php?board=3.0

Since you are already registered for the forum, you can create new posts in the 'for sale' board. Take care of any personal details, as anyone in the world-wide public can read the contents of the post. So do not include your personal email address, as spammers and autobots can mine the public posts for these. Have interested parties contact you via the forum Private Message system (they have to register), a reply to your post (same applies), or some folk prefer to use a phone number.

Also you can place an advert in the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club's magazine. In this situation, you do not need to be a member to place an advert, as they are always happy to see another Dougie connected with an enthusiast and potentially future club member! If you want to pursue that, I can PM you the contact details.

-Doug

Offline Sam Hall

Re: New member with a request
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2015 at 18:14 »
Thank you Doug , I will take some good pictures this weekend and place it in the for sale section but could you please also pm me the details for your publication . I do agree about it going to some one who will appreciate it for what it is as personaly I am not in to the classic bike scene ,  I do see beauty but not a beauty for me as I struggle to change a car wheel let alone master an engineering feet .

Once again , many thanks for permission to do so .

Sam