Author Topic: T6 Handlebar Questions  (Read 1625 times)

Offline PaulW

T6 Handlebar Questions
« on: 25 Apr 2019 at 13:15 »
Looking at the parts book, I seem to have the correct, original handlebars on my T6.  Can someone please confirm this?

If so, I'm puzzled about the inverted levers that ought to be fitted.  At the moment, there are 1960s style clamped-on-levers but looking at the bars, there is only one drilled hole (on the left) to take the cable for inverted levers --- there is no sign that there was ever a hole on the right side.  So I have an inverted lever on the left for clutch, but on the right, I'd need a clamp-on lever for the brake?  That doesn't sound right....and the diagram in owners manual clearly shows two inverted lvers.

What's going on?

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: T6 Handlebar Questions
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2019 at 17:26 »
Those are the correct handlebars for the T6. The S6 got the new front fork with the central compression spring and adjustable handlebars but the T6 continued on with the old style fork with the twin extension springs and fixed handlebars. The exit hole for the right-hand inverted lever cable should be on the bottom, right in the center where the 'bars pass through the steering stem lug. From there the cable could pass down the left-hand side of the fork girder to the front brake.

-Doug

Offline PaulW

Re: T6 Handlebar Questions
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:56 »
Thanks Doug...found it exactly where you said.  Strange place for good cable routing though.