Author Topic: t35 rings 1946  (Read 2697 times)

Offline flea

t35 rings 1946
« on: 22 Jan 2019 at 23:24 »
has anyone dealt with a ebay uk store called imdpistons , bloke called Adrian ,order a set of rings before xmas , heard nothing until I enquired about 1 week ago and being given the run around since ,because asked about a later set of rings first before ordering and paying for a mk 1 and 11 set , said was waiting on me to get back to him as the later set were the wrong ones ??? which I knew, been back and forth since .. keep saying i want the ones for the mk1/11 1946/47 350cc , and he keeps asking am I sure their the ones I want ??? don't know whats going on but seems strange .. his store has sold a lot of items (profectional) with a good rating , don't know if should persist or go for a refund

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
Re: t35 rings 1946
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2019 at 08:58 »
Hi if you can find them elsewhere just get a refund
Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:03 »
I have just gone to their website and they give no contact details for the company ( other than they are based in Cheshire). It would appear they are another company dealing on the internet that only gives enough information for the customer to deposit money with them, but not enough to retrieve it should a deal fall through. The only advice seems to be - steer clear, dont get conned!

On a more practical note - Mk3-5 compression rings will fit (they have butt joints instead of scarfed joints, and you may need to fit 2 rings per groove if your pistons have 1/8" wide grooves). Also, I believe the oil rings (5/32" wide) are the same as in the Dragonfly.

An alternative supplier in the UK is: Cox and Turner (sorry,I don't have their contact details - usually see them at autojumbles).

Regards,
                 Eddie.

Offline flea

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2019 at 16:23 »
thanks just got 2 emails from them 1 saying had been dispatched the 2nd saying seeing as they have advised me the part may not fit I will be up for the return postage ????... strange.... will be intresting when they arrive .. pity got a few other non douglas bikes to do up and according to the ebay store have a big selection but look like to much trouble to deal with , thanks eddie will look up the mob you suggested

Offline flea

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2019 at 22:45 »
rings have arrived and are the right ones , didn't  want to smear the companys name so he was strange to deal with but not a rip off

Offline graeme

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: 03 Feb 2019 at 00:11 »
JP in Adelaide have a big selection of rings, they are always worth a try

Offline My 4th bike

« Reply #6 on: 03 Feb 2019 at 07:46 »
I’ve had rings from JP pistons for my Velocette.
Arrived in four days at $14 each + p & p.
They will sell single rings if that’s all you need.
Cheers Eddie

Offline flea

« Reply #7 on: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:09 »
thanks will give jp a try next time , mainly gave this other bloke a try as was on the uk fleabay site to see what t35 parts were around (as you know not much in oz) and spotted the rings and a full gasket kit from another bloke (which I got) any other suggestions for vintage parts sites /shops in aust would be great , up to date xs650 is the earlies bikes iv owned / worked on for yrs so parts wise a bit of a learning curve