Author Topic: SW5 Mag removal  (Read 3651 times)

Offline zacgrief

SW5 Mag removal
« on: 16 Jun 2011 at 16:07 »
Gents,

How do I remove the mag from my bike? I am assuming it chain driven inside the engine case. I have undone the  4 clamp bolts but dont see an easy way to get at the cahin drive end without taking large chunks of engine apart! There must be an easier way.

Also where can I get hold of engine assembly drawings etc to stop me bothering you guys with what are probably obvious questions when you know how the bike goes together.

Cheers

Zac

Offline zacgrief

Re: SW5 Mag removal
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2011 at 16:27 »
Ignore my stupidity, didnt realise the mag foot was recessed below clamps, big sigh!!!!!!!!!!

Online Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2011 at 00:57 »
Zac,

As you will also have now discovered, the mag is gear driven.

As far as I know, there was no handbook produced for the DT models, just a spares list (unillustrated) for the K29 (1929) DT model. There was also a data sheet the factory provided to riders with various settings and jettings. However do not get too excited because it was for machines set up to run 50-50 petrol-benzol on the cinders. The later was posted here on the forum years ago. Should not be too hard to find doing a search.

-Doug

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2011 at 00:05 »
Zac,

The letter and data sheet Doug mentions above has been posted here - https://www.douglasmotorcycles.net/index.php?topic=4018.0

Dave

Offline zacgrief

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2011 at 07:07 »
Thanks for that Dave.

Regards

Zac