Author Topic: Tecalemit Grease Gun  (Read 9012 times)

Offline Nick MW

Tecalemit Grease Gun
« on: 26 Apr 2011 at 11:01 »
Hello All,

I have had a search and can't find anything on the forum about these grease guns, I have just refilled mine with grease but now can't get it to pump. Does anyone know if there is a special technique for doing this, there must a knack ?

Many thanks, Nick

« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2011 at 20:39 by Dave »

Offline george sutton

Re: Tecalemit Grease Gun
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2011 at 16:19 »
Hello All,

I have had a search and can't find anything on the forum about these grease guns, I have just refilled mine with grease but now can't get it to pump. Does anyone know if there is a special technique for doing this, there must a knack ?

Many thanks, Nick
  Hi nick, in my experience with those old guns, i found that firstly ensure that the piston does not let grease get back into the end. Secondly, if the barrel is a short one put a drinking straw up against the side and to the bottom, while you push as much grease in as possible, slowly withdraw the straw ensuring you keep pushing in as much as you can.   If you think there is still a bubble prod it with a piece of wire and bang the nozzle on a soft bit of wood.   ie. if its cold weather, warming the gun a bit helps the grease move down. Denis S.

Offline Nick MW

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2011 at 14:44 »
Hi George,

thanks for the reply, I will have a look at the guns again. It was my first time loading them and I hadn't thought about getting air bubbles trapped in the grease. I will give it a go and see how I get on.

Thanks again, Nick

Offline LATDOUGNUT

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2011 at 04:56 »
Hello Nick,

Just another twopenny worth of advice from me -- when you put the gun to the grease nipple it helps to seal the joint if you put a piece of cloth between the gun end and the nipple. The grease finds its way between the threads of the cloth but effectively seals the joint!
No Rest -- No Rust. No Trust -- No Bust!

Offline Nick MW

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2011 at 21:10 »
Cool, I hadn't thought of that, guess it creates a better seal and therefore more actually goes in that squirting out the sides.

Good tip, thanks for the mail,

Nick