Author Topic: LDMCC Spares to North America  (Read 9374 times)

Offline aggettd

LDMCC Spares to North America
« on: 28 Mar 2006 at 22:43 »
Just found this on the AJS - Matchless Owners site:

"I am pleased to report that from 28 March 2006 the Club's commercial risk will be covered by new insurers (AIG & Allianz Cornhill) and accordingly, we will immediately be in a position to resume the export of parts from Jampot Spares Limited to members in North America (USA & Canada).

I truly hope that our NA members have understood just how difficult it's been to solve this problem and therefore why it's taken so long, and we thank them for sticking around to see the outcome."

For those not familiar, the LDMCC spares scheme has been unable to find product liability insurance to allow them to ship spares to any address in Canada and USA. Seems someone has found a solution. If anyone (Eddie ?) has contact with LDMCC Board, could this be a solution?

What about it?

David Aggett

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Forum Inspirer
Re: LDMCC Spares to North America
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2006 at 23:39 »
For those not familiar, the LDMCC spares scheme has been unable to find product liability insurance to allow them to ship spares to any address in Canada and USA. Seems someone has found a solution. If anyone (Eddie ?) has contact with LDMCC Board, could this be a solution? What about it? David Aggett

David,
I think Chris Wright is the appropriate person to take this matter up with LDMCC - I have asked him if would be prepared to do this. Chris may post confirmation of his action here.

Alwyn
Global Mod
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2006 at 23:49 by alwyn »
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2006 at 01:14 »
Bravo, a prime example of where solutions discovered by club marque, may be of use to another. Too bad there is no 'federation of clubs' that seems to be looking after these types of interests for the vintage vehicle clubs. Let us hope it is a viable solution for the LDMCC.

-Doug

Offline trevorp

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2006 at 04:31 »
A better solution may be giving the president of the united states or prime minister of Canada a douglas with one part missing so he cant ride it
bet he doesnt have a douglas one in his fleet  :lol:

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2006 at 10:39 »
In answer to David's suggestion, I will certainly take up the insurance prospect raised by the Matchless Club with the Committee of the LDMCC. I am sure we will be happy to investigate the prospects of once again being able to provide a full service to our North American members.

Offline tommy

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2008 at 23:42 »
In answer to David's suggestion, I will certainly take up the insurance prospect raised by the Matchless Club with the Committee of the LDMCC. I am sure we will be happy to investigate the prospects of once again being able to provide a full service to our North American members.

Now boys, you live where you live, by the codes you live by!
We can not all be expected to raise premiums on our insurances just to cover your backsides?
If we want to go Skiing over your side we have to pay the insurance.
What goes around comes around, Douglas or not.

T

(quote fixed by Dave - 20th April)
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2008 at 07:22 by Dave »

Offline tommy

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2008 at 00:09 »
This post first came up on 26th March 2006.
The last one that could improve the subject was 29th March 2006. 3 Days later.
Then nothing.
There is/was a need from overseas members.
My reply 2 years on may seem glib but after after Trevorp's bit about the US President I no longer feel alone. There is humour. But it has not changed the situation.
In the past I have been railed for bringing the LDMCC into this forum, but you have all done so in this post already.
What is now the position on this after two years. The forum and LDMCC?

Answers would be good.

Tom

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2008 at 09:35 »
Hi
    Apologies for not having put the matter to bed as far as the Forum was concerned.
   The matter was raised in Committee as promised. It was considered that the outcome of this was a matter of concern to LDMCC members only and it was therefore decided not to air the matter in public. The Committee's decision and reasons were published in the Club Journal.   Chris.