Author Topic: 1925 TS Handlebars  (Read 671 times)

Offline Marcus

1925 TS Handlebars
« on: 21 May 2023 at 23:19 »
Hi Everyone,
What came with my project was the top of the handlebar stem but both sides of the handlebars had been cut off and I only got the remains of the right-hand side. In the photo I have put the remaining piece in place on the stem but I don't know how much of the tube may be missing on that side because I don't know the overall width of the handlebars.

Could someone please measure the total width and then I can make a new handlebar.

Many Thanks
Marcus

Offline franky

Re: 1925 TS Handlebars
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2023 at 11:35 »

Hello Marcus

I have measured my '25 CW bars which were original though badly bent. The straightening process was tricky and they are still a little that way due to losing my nerve at the time.

Left and right sections of the handlebars are 420mm each from outer edge to the centre support. The fuel/throttle on right and on the left the advance lever mount hole (visible on your sample) or pipe are 420mm from the center mount corresponding edge. The left twin lever mount and right single lever mount has two bolts mounted in the bars. Starting from the left outer edge the first is 110mm from the edge and the inner bolt is 73mm further along.The right side is the same measurements.

Trust this helps

Frank

Offline Marcus

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2023 at 05:23 »
Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for taking these measurements and the photo.

The length on each side of 420mm, is that the length of the tube around the bend or is the distance from the center to the outside, in other words if you put a rule across from one side to the other is it 840mm plus the width of the fitting in the middle.

Cheers

Marcus

Offline Ian

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2023 at 06:33 »
Mine are 420 from edge of casting to end of bar round the forward edge on each side. Only about 770 overaall width in a direct line. 1923 TS

Offline franky

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2023 at 11:14 »
Marcus it is precisely as Ian has said it

Frank

Offline Marcus

« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2023 at 21:06 »
Hi Ian and Frank,

Thanks very much, that's perfect, I will get on and bend a set up.

Cheers

Marcus