Author Topic: Mark 5: Position for voltage regulator and horn??  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Charlescs

Mark 5: Position for voltage regulator and horn??
« on: 25 Aug 2020 at 16:46 »
My Mark 5, JSC 158 (bought for £3.00 in 1969 and ridden all over northern Europe soon after) is back on the road after a long rest.
Some bits missing after loan to a 'friend' many years ago (LH alloy toolbox and horn) but otherwise all intact though the fuel tank needs to be closely watched!
New Avons fitted and mechanicals back in order,  electrics all working but where does the voltage regulator box - and the horn when I get one - go?
I don't remember having any problem in the past but can't make our an obvious place for either. No helpful pictures in old NCRs and Spares book and manual are silent on the topic. Temporary siting of control box on a bit of oak fixed just below the nose of the saddle works but isn't very elegant.
Advice welcome,
Thank you
Charles

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: Mark 5: Position for voltage regulator and horn??
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2020 at 17:17 »
The horn mounts on a cross brace on the rear subframe, under the saddle (facing forward). Some Mk4 and Mk5 machines had 2 small lugs on the back of the rear petrol tank mount to take the voltage regulator - those without the lugs usually had right angle brackets on the rear petrol tank bolts.

Regards,
                 Eddie.

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2020 at 21:40 »
I hope this helps Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Charlescs

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2020 at 11:55 »
Thank you both.
I'll look our a bit of angle iron to make a bracket to site the regulator properly. The horn is as I thought.
Charles