Author Topic: E29 electrics  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Foppoli Matteo

E29 electrics
« on: 28 Feb 2017 at 17:44 »
hello, I believe that my bike had no electrical system, because the number plate holder are the 3 holes for the lamp holder carbide

the battery holder in the photo is original?

Matteo

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: E29 electrics
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2017 at 17:59 »
Hello Matteo,

I have split this topic off from Tony's to avoid future confusion.

Your bike would have originally had an electrical system. Had it been fitted with carbide lighting, it would have a 'plain' timing cover with no aperture for the BTH PA series dynamo. You do have an interesting adapter fitted to the opening for the dynamo, to use some sort of smaller dynamo of unknown make.

The accumulator/battery carrier is the original. It is missing the straps that clamp the battery. Could you take a photograph of the back side, as eventually I will need to make one for my F28.

The holes in the number plate could be either for a acetylene lamp or a small electric tail lamp. The factory offered BTH headlamps at this time, so I suppose the electric tail lamp would also be BTH. But electric lighting (or acetylene) was very much a customer preference at this time. They would just order the basic electric model from the factory and shop around and have the dealer install the lamps.

-Doug

Offline Foppoli Matteo

Re: E29 electrics
« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2017 at 16:29 »
Hello Doung, here are the pictures I hope to be helpful, if you need to ask for details
thanks Matteo