Author Topic: NEW MEMBER SEEKING COLOUR SCHEME  (Read 2373 times)

Offline frankclock

NEW MEMBER SEEKING COLOUR SCHEME
« on: 04 Apr 2014 at 02:58 »
Hello from Australia

I have just purchased a 1950 mk4 & after looking at many photos I cannot see a colour scheme like mine
The previous owner was very particular about his bikes so I imagine the colour chosen would be a true scheme
can anyone tell me if this is correct or not
If by any chance it is not correct I will live with it as it is
any help would be appreciated
thank you
FRANK DEAN
NSW
AUSTRALIA

Offline David Lawrence

Re: NEW MEMBER SEEKING COLOUR SCHEME
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2014 at 09:09 »
Hi Frank,
Welcome to the Douglas fraternity. Firstly may I say how nicely the bike has been refurbished and I would certainly live with it as it is. However the colour scheme looks as though a previous owner has designed his own colour scheme based on the earlier mark 3 and 3 sports models. Although the colour of the tool boxes are of his own imagination, but do fit into the scheme. The mark 3 sports had a smaller toolbox but was painted black with a very attractive "winged" transfer. The majority of mark 4 models were painted in a light blue slightly polychromatic colour, you either loved or hated it!!
As a recent new owner please consider joining the London Douglas Club, despite the historic name the Club has members all over the world, you will find that most of your fellow Australians do belong.
If you join us, when you apply to our membership secretary tell him the frame number of your machine, he will probably be able to tell you the original colour of the bike. He will also outline the advantages of belonging!!
Details from Reg Holmes, his address can be found from the Douglas web site www.douglasmcc.co.uk
Enjoy the bike, the colour scheme, I promise will be noticed and will generate discussion.
Good ridng.
Dave.