Author Topic: Introducing myself and a quick question  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Testastretta998

Introducing myself and a quick question
« on: 04 Jul 2013 at 09:58 »
Hello there, I got here after a mate of mine told me about this forum. I'm not a collector even though I do lover older motorcycles. Those I prefer the most are from the 20's and the 30's. I own a 1934 Gilera Super Sport (called Sei Gorni - six days - since it's the motorcycle that won the international competition in the 1930 and 1931 editions).

I was thinking about getting me an older motorcycle and my attention has been caught by the Douglas 1923 2¾hp 350cc 2 cyl sv sold by yesterdays.nl.

I dunno if linking is permitted, if not I do apologize, but I just need your expert eye to help me recognize if something's wrong with it (i.e. exchanged parts, etc.).

Thanks all for helping out ;)
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2013 at 17:47 by Dave »

Offline David Lawrence

Re: Introducing myself and a quick question
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2013 at 15:06 »
Hi,
I am sorry that I do not have any information about the 23/4 you mention, however, I do know of a Douglas Club member wishing to sell a 1924 23/4 SW model.
I do not know him personally other than a Club member but have seen photographs, the bike looks original and in good condition. If the deal with the Dutch guys does not happen and you are interested in a bike from UK please email me direct from the forum and I will put you in touch with him.
Dave

Online Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2013 at 17:45 »
Hi Testastretta998,

Welcome to the Forum. Yes, linking to Douglas related material is fine. I have added a link to your post for the Douglas 1923 2¾hp 350cc 2 cyl sv advertised by yesterdays.nl.

Dave

Offline Testastretta998

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jul 2013 at 18:36 »
Hi,
I am sorry that I do not have any information about the 23/4 you mention, however, I do know of a Douglas Club member wishing to sell a 1924 23/4 SW model.
I do not know him personally other than a Club member but have seen photographs, the bike looks original and in good condition. If the deal with the Dutch guys does not happen and you are interested in a bike from UK please email me direct from the forum and I will put you in touch with him.
Dave

Hi Dave and thanks for letting me know.

That site arranges shipping, would that member do the same? Please, feel free to put me in touch with him (either PM'ing him my nickname or PM'ing me his).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Offline Testastretta998

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jul 2013 at 18:37 »
Hi Testastretta998,

Welcome to the Forum. Yes, linking to Douglas related material is fine. I have added a link to your post for the Douglas 1923 2¾hp 350cc 2 cyl sv advertised by yesterdays.nl.

Dave

Thank you Dave, much appreciated.