Author Topic: 1925 Douglas  (Read 12512 times)

Offline chev25250

1925 Douglas
« on: 18 Jan 2005 at 21:10 »
Has anybody got any good pictures of a chain driven 1925 Douglas
My bike is in the gallery. Everything looks fairly original but a few decent photos will go a long way to getting her looking the way she should.
The gallery photo was taken on the day that I got her home. The previous owner had owned for abt 30 yrs & had not had running for 20 of those. A quick lube & a snort of ether up the carb & she settled into a smooth idle,was responsive to the throttle & the tank oil sight gauge showed the oil dripping through to the motor regularily
Am new to the breed & would be greatful for any/all info that you can throw my way  
Thanks Paul (Chev25250)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
1925 Douglas
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2005 at 21:38 »
Paul's 1925 2 3/4hp Douglas.

Larger view here

Thread in Member's Gallery here.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
1925 Douglas
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2005 at 08:44 »
Thanks to Stuart Lister for sending in this photo.

Quote from: "Stuart"
Here's a picture of a CW I spotted at a rally last Summer. Hope you find it useful.

Stuart

Offline Dirt Track

CW Photos
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2005 at 10:10 »
Hi Paul
Your bike looks like a good start!
You may like to run it the way it is or take it back to what a CW should be.
Here is another nice photo of a CW taken quite some time ago.
All the best with it.
DIRT TRACK

Larger view here

Larger view here

Offline stovie

Re: 1925 Douglas
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2009 at 21:05 »
Thanks to Stuart Lister for sending in this photo.

Quote from: Stuart
Here's a picture of a CW I spotted at a rally last Summer. Hope you find it useful.

Stuart

I have just joined this forum as I have just inherited my fathers 1925 CW. And the reason I am replying to this post by way of an introduction, is because the machine above is the bike in question. You cannot imagine my surprise when I saw it posted here, as my father (god rest him) was not of the internet generation.

He eventually got the bike (free of charge on the understanding he never sold it) from the original owner in Chatton, Northumberland, UK, after many years of asking...the first time he was 14 yrs old...and he eventually got the bike in 1977 when he was 40. It was in a sorry state and over the years he restored it to the state in the image.

He died suddenly 3 weeks ago, and i hummed and haarred for some time before deciding to keep it (getting rid of the BSA bantam I rode around thw fields on when I was a youngster, the BSA Shooting star and the Austin A30, to say nothing of the MGB and other assorted collectables).

What is sad is that with his poor sight and worsening heart trouble, there are a few things i have noticed with the bike which in earlier years he would not have let slip. But that will give me a chance to add my own "stamp" to this rather special heirloom.

Thanks for reading, and I shall no doubt be dipping in for advice over the coming months...

Richard Nevins

Offline roy

Re: 1925 Douglas
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2009 at 18:27 »
Stovie, attached is a photo of a CW with sidecar owned by Chris Wright chairman of the LDMCC.
It was taken at this years Bristol Cavalcade.

Roy.

« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2009 at 21:48 by Dave »