Author Topic: Douglas brake block  (Read 3550 times)

Offline vintagetinaustralia

Douglas brake block
« on: 07 Mar 2011 at 00:16 »
As i do not have a Douglas but have a facination for them. I came accros this brake block that i though was BSA but I am sure now because of the tecnical way it works it will be Douglas. part number is 15.706

hope these images are usefull. The item can be purchased for what it cost me plus post. I would be pleased if someone can use it.

regards
Dave

« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2011 at 20:00 by Dave »

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Re: Douglas brake block
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2011 at 13:56 »
Hi Dave
       It does not look like Douglas to me. Douglas certainly had a similar mechanism especially on machines with dummy belt rim braking but Douglas were not the only manufacturer to use this design of brake and in fact your first choice, BSA, also had this type of brake in the 20s. The part number you have quoted also does not appear to match the usual Douglas format of part numbering. Apologies if someone recognises it as part of a Douglas model with which I am not familiar.  Chris.

Offline vintagetinaustralia

Re: Douglas brake block
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2011 at 18:56 »
Thanks Chris
The confusion is growing! I still have a feeling it is 20's BSA and possibly v twin rear. Someone may recognise it one day and need one. The part number is the strange part. i am waiting for some BSA literature for more research.

regards
Dave