Author Topic: Hi there, from New member in Australia  (Read 4204 times)

Offline lnernut

• My Garage
Hi there, from New member in Australia
« on: 06 Mar 2009 at 05:22 »
Hi, 

My name is Martin and I have just joined the forum.  I live in Adelaide, South Australia.  I have only recently started getting into motorcycles.  I inherited a 1960 BSA Bantam D7 which my father left around and I am currently restoring, we recently acquired a 1952 BSA M21 600 on the understanding that we get it running, maintain and ride it on a semi-permanent loan deal.  All I need now is my motorcycle license. 

I also own a 1930 Ford Model A Town Sedan which I drive at least once a week, and have just purchased and started restoring the remains of a 1916 Smith Flyer. 

I have just negotiated the purchase of a 1927 Douglas EW 350 which is far from complete.  I am yet to receive it and it is obviously a project for after I complete the Smith.  I hope to gain some knowledge of what I am letting myself in for and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

Cheers
Martin

1952 BSA M21   -   1960 BSA Bantam D7 Pastoral  -  1927 Douglas EW 350 (incomplete)
1916 Smith Flyer -  1930 Ford Model A

Offline PeterH

Re: Hi there, from New member in Australia
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2009 at 02:51 »
Hi Martin.
Nice to see another Dougie owner just up the road. I'm in Victor. I inherited dad's T35 and D1 Bantam (which was originally mine) recently, so we have a couple of bikes in common. I also have a '72 Honda 750/4 and a '76 Honda 400/4, '69 Cooper S and '71 Rover P6B.
I probably won't be able to offer heaps of help in the rebuild of your Dougie, as I'm pretty new to them myself, and have only learnt bits and pieces from my late father, but this forum is a wealth of info with many people willing to pass on everything they know. There is also a chap down here who has one around the same vintage as yours and has a mechanical workshop business, where my father spent a large number of hours tinkering! Handy to know!
Would be nice to catch up with you one day - look us up if down this way!
PM me if you want to chat.
Cheers
Peter.
Peter
Sth Aus.

Offline Jonathan

Re: Hi there, from New member in Australia
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2009 at 06:34 »
Hi, I'm in Geelong and ride a 1925 CW 350.  I'm working two other Dougie projects as well.
I have found the London Douglas Motor Club very helpful with advise and parts.  Many of the members are on this forum.
Worth the small amount to join.  You get their newsletter several times a year.
Regards
Jonathan
Jonathan H.