Advertising and Classifieds > Douglas Motorcycles and Parts For Sale - Online marketplaces

Warning - possible Ebay scam - Dragonfly on the Bay of E

(1/6) > >>

Biggles1957:
I've just come across this :eBay item number:184610216136

There's just one picture of the bike and then a rather strange document with a weird contact address thing.  It doesn't seem likely to be genuine to me - I know there are often scams with some of the pre war Morris cars (I have a couple) but if it IS a genuine ad from someone on here then I apologise - but I've reported it anyway.  At first glance I thought it was the bike I've just bought but it's not - the reg number is slightly different.  Be interesting to see if anyone recognises it - they don't come up for sale very often do they.

dalgrae:
Dvla recognises registration ,on advert but reg number blacked out when you open advert up ,maybe our registration secretary knows more,his other sales are exactly the same format ,but none have bids

Biggles1957:
That's interesting - the reg number is clearly visible when I open the picture up TYP 661.  It's especially the second picture that rather alarmed me - it says don't contact via eBay as they won't reply and it has a VERY strange contact email!

Red:
Click on where is says other items for sale. He has pages of adverts for cars, boats, motorcycle etc all at silly low prices and they all seem to end at the sametime. I think without doubt the whole thing is a scam!

eddie:
That bike has been on ebay for about 2 years (on and off). It has supposedly had bids in excess of £30,000 but still gets relisted. To my knowledge, there has been in excess of 12 email addresses to contact. It all seems very suspect. I have already contacted our registrar, as the bike is listed in our machine register, and was, at one time, owned by a club member (and may still be). My advice is to have nothing to do with it - my guess is it is a scam (maybe to generate a database of parties interested in Douglas machines - and most of us know where that can lead!).

Regards,
                 Eddie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version