Author Topic: Important Announcement - Club Spares  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Red

Important Announcement - Club Spares
« on: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:15 »
Some of you will already be aware that our Spares Secretary, Dick Bradley, has been suffering from ill health for many months. During this time, he has been able to continue operating the Spares Service, assisted by one of our committee members. However, the committee member lives some 25 miles away from where the spares are located.
Sadly, we have now reached the situation where Dick has been in hospital for many weeks and is unlikely to be able continue providing the service in the future. This means that currently we have a major problem. The situation is compounded by the Coronavirus pandemic which is restricting social mobility and particularly the movement of vulnerable and at risk people in the UK. Government is insisting that the vulnerable and at risk population remain at home. With one exception your committees’ ages range from 71 to 89. We are all therefore vulnerable and at-risk and some are in a high risk category.  In view of this the committee has decided that we must suspend the Spares Service for the time being. How long this will be for, is not clear at this stage but as soon as matters return to normal, we will let you know. In the meantime we are working on ways and means to restore a Spares Service as soon as possible. However, we would ask you not to post or email requests or enquiries about spares as these will not be answered.
We do hope we can still count on your support and that you will understand the difficult situation we have at the present time.

Roy Staunton                                                                                                                         
Club Secretary

Offline isettaman

Re: Important Announcement - Club Spares
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2020 at 16:52 »
My heart goes out to Dick.
I've only had my project for a couple of years but, in that time, I have benefited from Dick's no-nonsense and practical approach on several occasions.
Keep safe
Dave