Author Topic: New bike  (Read 978 times)

Offline mikkings2

New bike
« on: 15 May 2021 at 19:28 »
Hello all,
             Just acquired a roadworthy 57 Dragonfly courtesy of my lovely wife, sentimental reasons really as I'm Kingswood born (South Road) and bred, my grandfather worked at the factory 1930 to around 1958ish I think, right through WWII (his claim to fame was shovelling the incendiaries off the labour exchange roof) he then worked in the KUDC yard across from the brick pile on Hanham Road until retirement. Rode a friends Fly back in the day and loved it except a bit slow, pretty much as I am nowadays. Currently gathering up manuals/parts list/joining club. Would like a general book on Douglas, any recommendations as to the best one available?
Mike

Offline EW-Ron

Re: New bike
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2021 at 21:45 »
Welcome here.

I'd think a good place to start would be "Douglas the Best twin' by Jeff Clew.
It may not be the most up-to-date, but it /he triggered a trickle of later books into print.
I'm not sure if its still in print, you may have to hunt around in the used books sources.

There is quite a lot of reading on this website which expands a number of topics in Douglas lore.
Even some of the mechanical enquiries shed some interesting light on a lot of the mechanical stuff.

Sounds like your grandfather could have told some stories !

Offline mikkings2

Re: New bike
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2021 at 07:57 »
Thanks, I'll see if I can find a copy.
Mike