Author Topic: Club Spare parts held  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Eddie Doc

Club Spare parts held
« on: 21 Oct 2020 at 11:09 »
Hi all once again,
Forgive my ignorance but is there a sheet with all the spares held by the Douglas club and if so where is it located?
I have noted the unfortunate situation currently but hopefully everything will work out well for all concerned.
Many thanks
Ed.

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: Club Spare parts held
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2020 at 14:50 »
Ed,

This topic has come up before and the London Douglas Motor Cycle Club (LDMCC) was contacted to see if they would be interested in posting a copy of the spares list on the Douglas Motorcycle Forum (DMF). The response from the committee at the time was that the spares lists were supplied to LDMCC members only, since only members could buy spares. Presumably publicly posting the list would solicit a lot of queries for spares from non-members that would have to be declined.

It is important to note that the LDMCC and the DMF are two entirely different entities that happen to have a shared common interest in Douglas motorcycles. So if you want a list of the spares produced by the LDMCC, you will need to contact the directly.

As I recall, there only was a listing for the prewar spares, and that is likely out of date by now. The last one I saw was dated 2003. I do not believe there ever was a listing made of items carried for the postwar models.

-Doug

Offline DJS

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2020 at 07:53 »
Hi Ed and Doug,

There will be a further announcement about the imminent relaunch of the spares service in the next edition of The New Conrod I believe.

As you may be aware from a previous announcement the spares are being split between two members - one looking after pre-war spares and I will be looking after the post-war side of things.

I can confirm that a list of post-war spares will indeed be available to members and I am working on that at the moment.

Best wishes to all,

David

Offline Roys rider

« Reply #3 on: 23 Oct 2020 at 21:14 »
Thank you for this message and a very special thank you for taking on the PW spares job.
Stay safe
Peter

Offline Eddie Doc

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2020 at 07:28 »
Thanks to all for your replies on the matter of spares lists.
Looking forward to the next issue of the magazine.
Also a bid thank you to those who have previously worked with the club supplying parts and to all those taking over the roll.

Cheers
Ed.