Author Topic: Dragonfly adjustable distance piece  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Sgtbiro

Dragonfly adjustable distance piece
« on: 16 Oct 2019 at 17:00 »
Hi can someone please explain to me the purpose of the adjustable distance pieces part No 37740 and 37741 on a Dragonfly, plus does anyone have any.

Cheers Kevin.. 
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2019 at 17:48 by Sgtbiro »

Offline davrhos

Re: Dragonfly adjustable distance piece
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2019 at 13:09 »
Hi Kevin,  The two adjustable spacers you mention are there to hold the rear of the gearbox in position.  The riders footrest spindle passes through them and when tightened up secures the rear of the gearbox in position.  If you can't obtain any I suggest you place engine and gearbox in frame, tighten up the front mounts, and then measure the distance of gearbox to  frame on each side (different lengths) and get a pair made up.  The fact that they're not adjustable shouldn't make much difference as long as the frame is straight.  Take note that the spring clip for the centre stand is held by the footrest spindle on the right, so allow a couple of mm for that.
  Hope this helps.   Dave.

Offline Sgtbiro

Re: Dragonfly adjustable distance piece
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2019 at 16:12 »
Hi Dave.
Thank you very much for taking the time out to reply to my post it is much appreciated, i have sent a parts request to the Douglas club and am awaiting a reply hopefully they will have some, but if they dont i will heed your advice and make some of my own.

Best regards Kevin..