Author Topic: Dragonfly centre stand  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Bynorthsea

Dragonfly centre stand
« on: 14 Aug 2018 at 19:41 »
My bike came with a loose fitted centre stand, just long bolts and lots of washers, no springs or clips. I've now got the springs and clips. I can see how the clips and backing plates fit but not sure about the springs and I need to machine up the pivots and spacers. Can anyone point me in the direction of an illustration or photograph showing the assembly in place?  Finally there is usually a knack it fitting centre stand springs, would anyone explain the best way for this one?

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: Dragonfly centre stand
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2018 at 06:45 »
Hi,
     Attached is a drawing of the centre stand pivot bolts. There is also a small spacer on one of the bolts (offside, I think) that prevents too much sideways movement of the stand - thus making the location in the spring clip more positive.
   The order of assembly is to fit the stand first and tighten the pivot bolts. Then slide the springs onto the heads of the pivot bolts with one hook of the spring over the stand cross tube, then tension the spring and hook the other end over the lug on the frame.

Regards,
                Eddie.

Offline Bynorthsea

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2018 at 07:17 »
Thanks Eddie, are parts drawings somewhere on the forum?

Offline eddie

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2018 at 07:41 »
The LDMCC has all the surviving drawings saved to disc - if you have a need for a particular part, contact Dave Lawrence and he will check whether the Club has a drawing for it. It helps if you can supply a part number (as listed in the spare parts book).

Regards,
               Eddie.

Offline Bynorthsea

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2018 at 17:34 »
Job done