Author Topic: Mk3 Rebuild a few questions  (Read 2439 times)

Offline C Clay

Mk3 Rebuild a few questions
« on: 20 Jun 2013 at 13:02 »
Hello, I am a relatively new member and very new to working on Douglas motorcycles.
During the strip down of my 1947 Mk1 fitted with a Mk3 engine I have found 3 major issues (so far);
1)     The bike must have had a severe head on crash, the headstock is pushed back, is off line and the frame spread at the front downtubes, I need to get the frame straightened. Are there any recommendations?
2)     The big ends are worn and I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a company or person who could rebuild it. I have had no luck so far finding anyone who will take it on.
3)     The bores are very worn and already +0.060, so I am considering getting the barrels re bored to suit Honda CB250N +0.75 pistons. Anything I should be aware of?

Sorry, but I will be asking many questions, some stupid ones I am sure, over the next months but certainly will appreciate any advise given.

Clinton Clay 

Offline David Lawrence

Re: Mk3 Rebuild a few questions
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2013 at 09:34 »
Hi Clinton,
I have sent you a personal email, I hope it arrives before the weekend as it is an invite to our Annual Rally.
Dave