Author Topic: S1 Front Hub  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Rob

S1 Front Hub
« on: 23 Dec 2012 at 22:50 »
Hi,

I have received some photos of the front hub of an S1 and was wondering if anyone can explain the set up.

The forks don't allow the wheel to be removed without the axle being removed in some way.

In time I would like to get enough information to allow the manufacture of a hub so any information is appreciated.

Rob

« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2012 at 17:03 by Dave »

Offline Rob

Re: S1 Front Hub
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2021 at 02:52 »
I have received a S1 hub thanks to some forum members and a very cooperative owner.

The hub unfortunately had been modified for use but is in overall excellent condition and will provide a useful template for the remanufacture of additional hubs.

The hub also provide useful information of the QD system and the hollow axle. The axle and cups are very similar to the TS as suggestion by Alan C in one of his posts. In fact both cups are identical even down to the felt washers, locking ring and threaded cover plate. The axle is similar to the TS only a bit longer and hollow. It also take 5/16 ball bearings.

The brake side cup doesn't have a cover plate but has a thin bush to retain the felt washer and to maintain clearance for the lugs when removing the wheel.

I am now needing information on the dimensions of the front wheel disc brake and internal roller race. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob 

Photos rotated and converted to linked files - Dave, 19Jun21
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2021 at 21:39 by Dave »