Author Topic: T35 Air Filters  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Ray Dodds

T35 Air Filters
« on: 10 Feb 2011 at 12:01 »
If Your like me and worry about the open air intake i have an answer Stewart's enginering the sunbeam people re manufacture filters for the S7,S8,I got two they will thread straight on to the Amal 274,276,They are a bit deep so i cut mine down to 3/4" and added modern filter material it hasn't affected performance one bit and they look good,Spring is on the way i cant wait to get back on my Mk 3 Sports, Regards to all Ray Dodds.

Offline Sheikh Pip

Re: T35 Air Filters
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2011 at 23:00 »
I have a mark 1 T35 and from now on I will be using sock type filters off a weber 45 dcoe carb, in only 1000 miles I have nearly 20 thou of wear in the bores of what was a a freshly bored cylinder!!!!

Offline eddie

• Master Member
Re: T35 Air Filters
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2011 at 06:08 »
That rate of wear would not be caused just by dirty air! I would investigate further. The pistons you used in these new bores - were they new old stock? - in which case, they may have become contaminated with some sort of abrasive - which would effectively have turned them into a hone. Always beware of alloy components that have been cleaned up by blasting with grit (no matter how fine) - they may look pretty, but they could well be ruined by the treatment.
     Also, was the rate of wear the same on both cylinders - if it wasn't, then the cause  being confined to one side, is unlikely to be the intake of dirty air.
                            Regards,
                                       Eddie.