Author Topic: crash bars.  (Read 5891 times)

Offline george sutton

crash bars.
« on: 07 Nov 2009 at 16:05 »
Can anyone tell me where i can please find bars for the doug. mk.1 or std, douglas pattern.  Even second hand as long as in good condition, and undented.  cannot even find a supplier. George. S

Offline Daren W Australia

• Master Member
Re: crash bars.
« Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2009 at 20:53 »
Hi I have a pair you can copy but where are you as your location is not indicated Regards Daren
too many dougli not enough time!

Offline Brian

« Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2009 at 21:37 »
Can anyone tell me where i can please find bars for the doug. mk.1 or std, douglas pattern.  Even second hand as long as in good condition, and undented.  cannot even find a supplier. George. S
Hi George,
If you are in UK , The LDMCC Post-War Spares Service will be producing new Crash Bars for Marks
and Dragonflys before too long. I'm part of the hold-up (ferrying a frame down to England to add to a
 'Fly frame to act as jigs). Contact Patrick Young if you are a member,or if not talk to Reg Holmes and join
the LDMCC. Meantime, down to the toy shop and buy some stabilisers (Triang Whizzer Mk V should suit.

Best Wishes
Brian

Offline george sutton

« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 2009 at 07:07 »
Hi I have a pair you can copy but where are you as your location is not indicated Regards Daren
        Hi Daren ,thank you for your responce, but I'm in Essex UK help is near at hand here , but thanks for offer, Denis.

Offline george sutton

« Reply #4 on: 08 Nov 2009 at 07:16 »
Hi George,
If you are in UK , The LDMCC Post-War Spares Service will be producing new Crash Bars for Marks
and Dragonflys before too long. I'm part of the hold-up (ferrying a frame down to England to add to a
 'Fly frame to act as jigs). Contact Patrick Young if you are a member,or if not talk to Reg Holmes and join
the LDMCC. Meantime, down to the toy shop and buy some stabilisers (Triang Whizzer Mk V should suit.

Hi Brian, thanks for your info,  am in the club and did apply to postwar spares, but it seeme to have got lost in the postal strike, but you have helped. As for the stabilizers Brian, I took them off, they kept snagging the road bollards, regards Denis

Quote repaired - Dave, 9th Nov, 2009
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2009 at 20:22 by Dave »