Author Topic: Parts wanted for an Endeavour project  (Read 547 times)

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Parts wanted for an Endeavour project
« on: 08 Jun 2023 at 01:43 »
I am picking up an Endeavour project and there are a few parts that I know are missing.

First is an intake manifold (and carb). This is unique to a Endeavour, so my odds of finding one are slim. However i can probably alter a 500/600 Aero manifold. Especially if the carburetor attachment is messed up, as that is the part I would have to alter anyway.

Second is the oil pump and drive worm. This would be the same as the Blue Chief, not that that helps much... It may be the same as the Wessex/Powerflow/Z/Z1 models. It is the duplex gear pump that Douglas were using on the heavyweight 1934-35 models, so any one could probably be altered to suit.

Third is the casting the shrouds the rubber coupling. Again, a long shot, and not impossible to fabricate a replica if it comes to that.

I will be at the LDMCC annual rally at Stow in the Wold (2023) if anyone has Endeavour bits going spare.

-Doug

Offline Doug

• Administrator
Re: Parts wanted for an Endeavour project
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2024 at 01:34 »
After some anxious months while the shipment went AWOL (freight forwarder went out of business), I finally got my crate delivered with the Endeavour project, safe & sound.

I did pick up a shroud for the transmission rubber coupling, but the rest of the parts I am still searching for. Or the loan of a pattern or correspondence for photos/sketches/measurements for me to reverse engineer the parts.

-Doug