Author Topic: 2 3/4 HP rebore  (Read 1705 times)

Offline conrad

2 3/4 HP rebore
« on: 14 Aug 2020 at 22:37 »
My ts 2 3/4 Hp motor is a little sad at the moment . Does anyone know of a motor rebuilder in Australia or Queensland that will rebore the cylinders and do a crank shaft regrind. Have another set  of cylinders that are standard but there are tracks where the gudgion pin buttons are. Does anyone have a reasonable crank and or cylinders and pistons to suit for sale. Cheers Conrad

Offline Keith

Re: 2 3/4 HP rebore
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2020 at 23:10 »
Hi Conrad,

I've had 3 Douglas motors done by Neil at ReCo - rebores, regrinds, bigend shells etc. I think he likes working on the older stuff (despite the frustrations they throw up sometimes!)

Cheers, Keith...

Reco Engine & Reconditioning
15 Iindah Rd
Maryborough, QLD 4650

Ph: (07) 4122 1371

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2020 at 00:02 »
Conrad,

another company up your way is Beaudesert Engine Reconditioners. I found them very helpful and a prompt service for barrel boring.

Rob

Offline conrad

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2020 at 02:11 »
Thank you Kieth and Rob for your replies, Facebooked Reco Engineering and found photo's of work done on a 1914 Douglas barrels and crank. Will give them a call during the week to find out more. Cheers Conrad

Offline conrad

« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2021 at 02:23 »
Hello , My T/S motor has been rebuilt. New valves, guides, valve springs, bored to 20 thou, new pistons and rings, crank straightened and new big end shells. New crush washers to Inlet pipes and valve caps. Long reach spark plugs installed. Motor starts easily, with only the air slide open to a 1/4.  Can rev up using the air slide , but when adjusting with both air and fuel the engine want to stop. The carbie is an AMAC. Is the fuel jet to large or small as it is a 27 jet. Is there settings that I am missing? Cannot run with part or full fuel on the slide. Any Help. Cheers Conrad

Offline cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2021 at 22:27 »
Hi Conrad,
You'd expect starting to be with air closed, throttle half open. Are you sure you're not mixing up the levers? Throttle is the long lever, goes to the slide closest to the engine.
Jet size is something like AMAC 25-27, which is 0.026" to 0.028". Don't believe what's stamped on the jet. If you don't have tiny number drills, an easy way to measure is with a tapered needle of some kind (I raid my wife's sewing basket for a darning needle). Insert the needle into the jet, mark where is stops, and measure the diameter with your micrometer/vernier.
If you're still having trouble, post a photo of your carb so we know what model you've got.
Cheers
Leon