Author Topic: WANTED: Rubber studded Aluminium Footboards for 1924 2 3/4hp TS  (Read 3790 times)

Offline spency777

Hi all,
I'm brand new on the forum and have yet to collect my 1924 2 3/4hp TS but I do know it's MDF and double glazing angle home made footboards are simple horrible!
Does anyone still supply original pattern footboards (preferably with the rubber studs). I've seen the ones advertised by Bert Pol but they don't look quite correct.
The ones I'm after look like the ones on this bike:
Many thanks
Richard

P.S. Here's my "new" bike as is too....

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Hi Richard
   The standard specification for the 1924 TS model did not have footboards. It was supplied with footpegs. These comprised a steel framework clamped onto the rear cross tube and mounting shaped rubbers with the name Douglas moulded into the rubber. I do not know whether these are still available but they were included in the inventory of the LDMCC Spares Scheme. The cast alloy footboards as shown in your first picture were standard for the other two 2.3/4hp models available in 1924 namely the 2.3/4hp SW/24 and the CW/24. That said, Douglas were believed to supply whatever a customer wanted within reason and most machines exported to Australia seemed to have footboards as the preferred option. There is a supplier of the Alloy footboards known to the LDMCC. These need fettling and drilling for the rubber studs which in turn are available to order from the LDMCC.
Regards  Chris.

Offline spency777

Thanks for that Chris,
As the frame has the extended bars for the front footboard mount I figured I'd rather use them than cut them off.
I've yet to join the VMCC but I guess I should particularly as I hope to do the Banbury run next year.
All the best
Richard

Offline Chris

• Master Member
Hi Richard
  You will need to join the VMCC in order to take part in the Banbury Run as it is a closed to club event. However, do not confuse the VMCC with The London Douglas Motor Cycle Club, LDMCC, which is the owners and enthusiasts club for Douglas motorcycles. The LDMCC is the largest source of spares for Douglas machines and these are only available to LDMCC members. Other benefits of membership are the bimonthly magazine, availability of technical advice, access to historical archives, machine transfers and regalia, monthly local section meetings at locations throughout much of the country, participation in Club events including the Annual Rally and much more. More information can be found on the LDMCC website www.douglasmcc.co.uk
Chris.