Author Topic: Wanted for 1925 TS - axle parts and levers and brake parts  (Read 6069 times)

Offline resto48

I need a front axle and associated cones, nuts spacers etc as I have a wheel with bare hub only, not even a grease nipple, and need all the bits to mount the wheel. If anyone has a drawing of how it goes together that would help. Does the right hand thread side of the hub go on the left side of the bike when looking at it from sitting on the bike?

I also need the handlevers as I have bare handlebars only, and the mechanicm for the front brake. Again a picture of these parts would be helpful.

Hoping someone can assist.
Russell (Melbourne Australia)

Larger image here
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2005 at 19:07 by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Administrator
Wanted for 1925 TS - axle parts and levers and brake parts
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2005 at 09:31 »
Russell,

Found this drawing of a 1923 Model W front hub which may be similar to your 1925 TS.

Larger image here

In the Model W manual, it says

"The hub lock ring should always be fitted to the left-hand side of the forks, seen from the saddle, as in this position the motion of wheel tends to tighten the cup. On no account fail to observe this, otherwsie the hub may come adrift."

and

"All Douglas hubs since 1913 contain 5/16" balls and the adjusting cups and lock rings are left hand threads."

Hope this helps

Dave

Offline resto48

1925 Douglas front axle
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2005 at 11:34 »
Thanks Dave.
At least I know now what to look for. That certainly looks more like what should be there than the skinny bolt and bit of waterpipe spacer it had in it when I got it.
Russell