Author Topic: Wanted: 1925 CW rear wheel  (Read 3406 times)

Offline AndrewMather

Wanted: 1925 CW rear wheel
« on: 24 Jan 2012 at 15:20 »
Hi all
I'm new to the Forum and am searching for a complete rear wheel for a 1925 CW. Does anybody have one which they are prepared to part with. Alternatively if anyone is prepared to provide me with dimensions, etc I'll machine a hub up and source the spokes, rim, brake rim and sprocket separately
Regards
Andrew 

Offline Jim

Re: Wanted: 1925 CW rear wheel
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2012 at 03:33 »
Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum. I don`t have a spare wheel but would be happy to send dimensions for the hub if you can`t get one. The front and back are the same if thats of any help,
regards JIm

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2012 at 05:54 »
Hi Andrew
   As Jim says, the front and rear hubs on the CW model are identical. These hubs are quite difficult and labour intensive to machine in respect of the tapered splines to locate and provide the drive to the rear chain sprocket. However, if you have the front hub, a 'short cut' would be to use that at the rear and then machine a plain hub with the same overall dimensions for the front. The splines on the front are covered by the dust cover so the fact that they are missing on your new replica would not be seen. 
Chris.

Offline AndrewMather

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2012 at 14:44 »
Hi Chris and Jim
Thanks for your replies. I have a plain hub on the front so unfortunately have to do something for the back. Jim if you could find time to get the dimensions of the hub to me, I'll machine one in my home workshop.
Regards
Andrew