Author Topic: 3 1/2 or 4HP belt rim  (Read 4672 times)

Offline graeme

• Master Member
3 1/2 or 4HP belt rim
« on: 10 Sep 2007 at 07:45 »
Hi all,
The belt rim on the 3 1/2HP outfit split badly during the ADCR rally - next to a previous weld repair, so no chance of redemption I'm afraid. I went to a metal spinner today with the rim, and he worked out how a new one could be made, costing about $100. Fantastic! But then he told me the tooling for the job would come to around $2,500-$3,000 :cry:
Does anyone have a 3 1/2 or 4HP belt rim surplus to requirements? I would be very interested! Or any leads on where a rim could be made at a reasonable price.
Cheers, Graeme
ps - they are different to the 2 3/4 rim

Offline wilf

Re: 3 1/2 or 4HP belt rim
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2007 at 06:43 »
Hi Graeme 
The drive rim on my B23 4 hp is also showing small slits emanating from the spoke holes, I think the spokes may have been overtightened at the rebuild, in reality it is only a matter of time before I will need another rim.  Perhaps if there were enough of us we could consider the very expensive option of getting them rolled.  I would certainly put my hand up for one.

Offline MichielH

• homepage of the dutch VMC
Re: 3 1/2 or 4HP belt rim
« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2007 at 13:26 »
hi there,

Im pretty sure Willem Pol  (in the Netherlands) kan supply these. he has the 2 3/4 hp rims in stock but the other types probably will have to be produced to order. If interrested send me a PM and I will send you his emailadress.

regards, Michiel