Author Topic: belt and brake rims  (Read 5966 times)

TGETINMAN

belt and brake rims
« on: 24 Aug 2006 at 22:48 »
Has anyone got dimensions for the brake and beld rims. I need to machine parts for my roller to roll new rims and want to see how my curent dimensions compare to douglas ones.

i am looking for major and minor diameters and the vee belt groove size

any info is apreciated

regards
dave

Offline vintagetinaustralia

Re: belt and brake rims
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2009 at 19:18 »
I had to set up a new user as i cant get the above old user name to work.

Anyway belt rims! After a long while I am able to let you know that belt rims will soon be available. i have spent many months working away on this project and can now say that they will be available soon. My only delema is there are so many different types!!!
What i need is some info on diameters and profiles so can set up a data base to see how many different types I can make with my current tooling.

Currently I can produce any diameter and need to look now at the different mounting flanges to attach them to the spokes or be spoked.

Any info pertaining to Dougie's would be appreciated.

regards
Dave

Offline Jonathan

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2009 at 07:34 »
Hi Dave, I haven't got a belt rim for my TS project.  If you get your roller working let me know as I am interested in purchasing one.
Thanks
Jonathan (Geelong, Australia)
Jonathan H.

Offline vintagetinaustralia

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2009 at 03:06 »
Hi Dave, I haven't got a belt rim for my TS project.  If you get your roller working let me know as I am interested in purchasing one.
Thanks
Jonathan (Geelong, Australia)

Hi Jonathan

i will be able to help shortly. Just doing some for 1914 Rudge abd as soon as they are done I can focus on others. not an easy item to metal spin in one piece. i have gone through lots of scrap getting them to keep a good steel thickness down in the belt groove.

Will keep you up to speed as soon as possible

regards
Dave