Author Topic: 1925 Douglas  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
1925 Douglas
« on: 08 Nov 2007 at 06:00 »
Jeff Hutchison sent in this photo and message.

Quote from: Jeff
Hi All

Please see photo of my Dougie I would like to speak to anyone who has a similar bike and hope spare parts

Regards

Jeff Hutchison
Darwin Australia

Offline Alan Cun

• Master Member
Re: 1925 Douglas
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2007 at 07:36 »
Hello Jeff, What you have is the SW model which is a very diserable bike. An improvement on the TS having a CW all chain drive clutch and using the 2 speed TS type box with the addition of brackets for and including a kickstarter. Looks fairly complete to me and I cant fault what I can see except for the gas cannister being upside down. The toolboxes you can obtain from Swap Shop(add in just bikes) they cost but are good quality. Tyres are avail from VMCC NSW (26 x2 1/2) . Front brake can be made up. Check out Mackas on forum I think there is a pic there. The biggest problem I think you will have is a total restoration or an as found touch up. Whatever you decide it looks like a winner.   regards Al

Offline JWH

« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2007 at 09:19 »
Hello Jeff, What you have is the SW model which is a very diserable bike. An improvement on the TS having a CW all chain drive clutch and using the 2 speed TS type box with the addition of brackets for and including a kickstarter. Looks fairly complete to me and I cant fault what I can see except for the gas cannister being upside down. The toolboxes you can obtain from Swap Shop(add in just bikes) they cost but are good quality. Tyres are avail from VMCC NSW (26 x2 1/2) . Front brake can be made up. Check out Mackas on forum I think there is a pic there. The biggest problem I think you will have is a total restoration or an as found touch up. Whatever you decide it looks like a winner.   regards Al
Hi Al
Thanks for correcting the gas cannister, yes I have taken a long time to get the bike to this stage, I am however missing the oil pump sight glass and to date have had no success any ideas

Regards

Jeff

Offline Chris

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: 08 Nov 2007 at 16:34 »
Hi Jeff
       Sight glasses for the oil feed are available to members from the LDMCC pre-war Spares section in both designs, cylindrical for the early tanks and the 1.1/2" diameter circular for the later models. Chris.