Author Topic: 1927 Douglas EW  (Read 11598 times)

Offline alwyn

• 1928 - 2009
  • Co-Founder
  • Location: Late of Encounter Bay, South Coast, South Australia
1927 Douglas EW
« on: 15 Jul 2006 at 03:17 »
Hi all,
Roy Robinson has sent in this photo of his EW with a short message that he obtained the bike from the Netherlands - I have invited him to tell us more of the bike's history.

Alwyn

Larger view
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2008 at 03:07 by Dave »
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.

Offline roy

Re: 1927 Douglas EW
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2006 at 13:39 »
Hi you Dougie's,
I found the machine on the net, it was approx 90% complete, just a few minor things to do. I am still looking for a pan seat and hope to obtain one shortly.
I participated in the Bristol Cavalcade in May, this being the first time I have done anything connected with motorcycling,  thoroughly enjoying the experience and was pleasantly surprised on looking in the July/August edition of New Conrod to find a photo of my machine.
Roy (Bath, Somerset).
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2006 at 12:48 by alwyn »

Offline roy

Sowing the Douglas seed.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2006 at 09:43 »
Hi,Thought you might be interested in the photo of my late father, taken on his CW c1926. He was a keen motorcyclist, along with my mother riding pillion, they regularly traveled from Bath to Southampton and Chichester, a round trip in excess of 100 miles, to visit family.
My brother related the story to me about the frame cracking and how father stripped the bike down in the kitchen, carried the frame on his shoulder 2 miles to the local blacksmith, having it brazed, carrying it back home and re-assembling it.
It was on finding this photo that I became interested in the Douglas motorcycle, culminating in the purchase of my EW.
Roy Robinson.

Larger view
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2008 at 03:08 by Dave »