Douglas - For Sale Items

Douglas 1913 Model P motorcycle

Douglas - Wanted Items

Douglas 1915 3 Spd-Gearbox and Clutch

Support & How to Join

Side Panel Notices

Quick Comments

Reminders, links to interesting topics, bump your own topic, quick comments or any short message of interest to members. Try it out!
Please note - 500 character current limit

Dave

Yesterday at 00:09:46
Welcome to the new site!

Recommended viewing for a fast start...
 - Quick Tour of the Front Page
 - Quick Tour of the new Attachments

More info in my post here.

Douglas Industrial Engines

Started by twyford2004, 01 May 2006 at 11:50

Previous topic - Next topic

twyford2004

I have recently aquired a twin cylinder industrial engine type FT35/ (the predecessor of the T35), which used to be part of a generating set for the british military in the 40's.
I'm getting a copy of the operating manual from Reg Holmes, and was wondering if any one had a copy of the parts manual with all the part numbers in (illustrated would be ideal).

If any one had a copy i would most grateful for their help.

Generator set - Larger view

Recovered engine - Larger view

Recovered engine - Larger view

alwyn

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Would you care to send a photo of your engine see here for how to send/post photos - I am personally interested to know just how different the industrial engine was to the bike motor. I believe they must have been very similar as my '48 T35 was restored using cylinders and I believe some other parts from an industrial motor such as yours.

As to a parts manual I suggest you try John Withers (Western Australia) - see here for list of books etc available and contact details.

Alwyn
Global Mod.
Quotable Quote - "640 k should be enough for anybody"! - Bill Gates - 1981.

tommy

I have an air filter for that engine along with spare heads and a few other bits including the frame it sat in ect. if you are interested?
Thanks

Tom