Author Topic: 1926 EW350CC  (Read 575 times)

Offline Eric S

1926 EW350CC
« on: 01 Jun 2017 at 21:16 »

Offline graeme

• Master Member
Re: 1926 EW350CC
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2017 at 00:24 »
I've certainly seen better prices for such a machine in the New Conrod over the years

Online cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2017 at 01:43 »

Hi Eric,

Cosmetically it looks OK, numbers seem ok, rims and tyres are modernised (can't get decent tyres for the original funny-size beaded edge  rims), and only bits and pieces to quibble about - maybe wrong double lever, why doesn't the valve lifter cable come out its hole in the handlebar,... over all I think it looks very presentable. It's good enough to be complimented on, but will only win prizes when the judges have not seen a vintage bike before.

As Graeme says, it seems a bit expensive. Bikes in A1 condition could have a high price - but in this case the road test suggests (reading between the lines) that the bike doesn't run very well, the front brake doesn't work and the front forks are worn out.

If you want a bike to ride, keep an eye out for one in tip-top mechanical condition. If you want a bike now, beat the price down and buy this one - but be prepared to do work on it.

Cheers

Leon

Offline Eric S

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2017 at 16:26 »
Thank you for the input.
I did notice the problems with it and since I still have to sort out the clutch problem on my Aero, I will leave it go for now, unless price comes down later...

It's difficult to compare price sas they do not show up very often, I guess.

Offline Peterk1351

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2017 at 14:36 »
Hi

I have just purchased this bike for less than advertised price , bearing in mind the work required as described in the "road test".
New to Douglas, having moved from multiple Sunbeam bikes.
Hopefully I can bring up to standard  :o

Regards

Peter

Online cardan

• Master Member
    • Leon's Vintage Motorcycle Page
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2017 at 22:40 »

The EW is in many ways an "anti Sunbeam" - an attempt at a thoroughly modern motorcycle at a time when others, epitomised by Sunbeam, were sticking to the conventional path. Celebrate diversity, and enjoy.

Leon

motorcycle